Recipe by Baby Kato
I have placed this here so that I don't lose the recipe, I haven't made this yet, but want too, it sounds sooo yummy. Found this on an old peice of paper that was in one of my dad's cookbooks.
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄8 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, old cheddar, white, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, medium cheddar, orange, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 ounce yeast (half a 1/4 oz package)
- 1⁄8 cup warm water
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, sea
- 2 1⁄2-2 3⁄4 cups flour, all purpose
- 3⁄4 cup cheese, medium cheddar, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Put buttermilk and cheese in a large pan and cook over low heat the cheese has melted. Stir, don't worry if mixture appears curdled.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, disolve sugar and yeast in warm water. Add the buttermilk mixture, egg, salt and 1 1/2 cups flour.
- Beat until smooth, then stir in remaining flour until it forms a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured boad, knead for 8 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Please in a greased bowl, turn once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise for an hour in a warm place until it has doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough on floured board and divide the dough in half and roll each peice into an 9 x 6 inch rectangle.
- Spray one half of the dough with cooking spray. Top with the cheddar and red pepper flakes then top with the remaining peice of dough.
- Cut the prepared dough into 6 (1 1/2 inch strips)
- Cut each strip in half and twist.
- Place about 1 inch apart on greased and foiled cookie sheet and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Put on wire rack to cool, serve warm.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.