1/2 Photos of Cheesy Bread Recipe
Tee Angel's Note:
Found this recipe at www.elise.com It is super easy and very tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2-1 cup green onion, chopped (to taste)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to the point of being slightly melted (1/2 cup, 4 ounces)
- 1 -2 loaf bread, French, Italian (I used Ciabatta)
- 1In a large bowl, mix together the cheeses and the green onion. Stir in the mayonnaise and sour cream. In a separate small bowl blend the butter and garlic until smooth. Add the butter mixture to the cheese mixture.
- 2Preheat broiler. Slice loaf of bread in half horizontally, lay crust side down. Spread cheese mixture over the bread. Place under the broiler until nicely browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Remove from broiler and let sit for 5 minutes until cool enough to handle. Slice the bread with a bread knife. Serve.
- 4Makes 30 to 40 slices.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Bread Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (1396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.4
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 260.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 6.5 g