Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found this recipe at www.elise.com It is super easy and very tasty.
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2-1 cup green onion, chopped (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened to the point of being slightly melted (1/2 cup, 4 ounces)
- 1 -2 loaf bread, French, Italian (I used Ciabatta)
- In a large bowl, mix together the cheeses and the green onion. Stir in the mayonnaise and sour cream. In a separate small bowl blend the butter and garlic until smooth. Add the butter mixture to the cheese mixture.
- Preheat broiler. Slice loaf of bread in half horizontally, lay crust side down. Spread cheese mixture over the bread. Place under the broiler until nicely browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from broiler and let sit for 5 minutes until cool enough to handle. Slice the bread with a bread knife. Serve.
- Makes 30 to 40 slices.
My Husband and I really liked this bread. It looked just like the picture with the specks of green from the scallions against the cheddar cheese. It was very pretty as well as delicious ! Thank you!
I used French Bread and found this to be very tasty, but exceptionally rich. The cheese was done broiling before the bottom of the bread was toasted. When I make this next time, I will omit the sour cream, use a light mayo, bake it for ten minutes and then finish it off under the broiler. Thanks!