Found this recipe at www.elise.com It is super easy and very tasty.
Make and share this Cheesy Bread Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2-1 cup green onion, chopped (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened to the point of being slightly melted (1/2 cup, 4 ounces)
- 1 -2 loaf bread, French, Italian (I used Ciabatta)
- In a large bowl, mix together the cheeses and the green onion. Stir in the mayonnaise and sour cream. In a separate small bowl blend the butter and garlic until smooth. Add the butter mixture to the cheese mixture.
- Preheat broiler. Slice loaf of bread in half horizontally, lay crust side down. Spread cheese mixture over the bread. Place under the broiler until nicely browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from broiler and let sit for 5 minutes until cool enough to handle. Slice the bread with a bread knife. Serve.
- Makes 30 to 40 slices.