Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Store bought sourdough bread topped with cheese and bacon. Yum. Found this recipe in the Holiday 2012 Kraft Food and Family magazine. Note: The recipe calls for Kraft Colby Jack cheese slices with a Touch of Philadelphia, but the ingredients listing won't accept it.
- 1 round sourdough loaf, loaf
- 1 (8 ounce) package colby-monterey jack cheese, slices
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons zesty Italian dressing
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Use serrated knife to make vertical cuts, 1 inch apart, in top of bread loaf, being careful to not cut through to bottom of loaf. Turn bread 1/4 turn; repeat cuts.
- Cut each cheese slice into thirds; press into cuts in bread along with the bacon. Place loaf on large sheet of foil.
- Mix remaining ingredients; drizzle over bread. Wrap bread with foil; place on baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes or until heated through, unwrapping bread after 15 minutes.