Recipe by kris in ks
This is a recipe I found online about 6 years ago. Whenever we are invited anywhere this is always requested. The best part of this recipe is when the dip is gone and the bread has soaked up all the yummy dip. It's heavenly!!! You can use the bread cubes or crackers or veggies to dip. Enjoy!
Top Review by JJBurns
I made this yesterday for my daughter's birthday party - I think 4 people asked for the recipe. It was so easy to make, very, very yummy, both with bread cubes and with wheat thins. The 19 year old was still eating it late last night cold with crackers. This will be a new party staple in our house! I did use 2 packs of Buddig beef instead of the dried beef.
- 1 loaf round sourdough loaf or 1 loaf Hawaiian bread or 1 loaf rye bread, etc.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried beef or 1⁄2 cup ham
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut a round hole in the top of the bread bowl and hollow out, making sure not to puncture the sides or bottom of the bread bowl.
- Cut up the hollowed out bread into cubes to use for dipping.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients with an electric mixer and pour into bread bowl.
- Wrap in double thick foil and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 1 hour.