Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have to give the credit for this recipe to a wonderful lady at Ft Stewart GA. I learned it from her when we were stationed there and my family has loved it every since. Although I can't remember hers exactly this my version.
- 473.18 ml cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml butter (or one stick)
- 158.51 ml mayonnaise (more or less depending preference)
- Italian bread (or any unsliced)
- In a bowl mix the cheddar cheese, softened butter, and mayo. Place the mixture in a ziplock bag.
- Take unsliced bread and cut at an angle all the way down one side leaving just enough at the bottom to keep it connected. Turn bread and cut down opposite side. When done it will look like "X"s all down the bread.
- Cut the tip off the bag and squeeze mixture into the bread starting at the first cut going down just like it was cut, then turn the bread and go down the second cut. When done every cut should be filled with cheese.
- Bake 350 degree about 15-20 minutes and enjoy!
Hubby gave this a double wow!...that means it's a keeper...so easy to make and so tasty...I cut it way down for just the two of us...thanks for posting...=)