Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a lovely cheese bread which is actually LOW CALORIE! I found it on the net but have adapted it to my tastes. It is a sensation! Perfect for entertaining and easy to make.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 lb loaf Italian bread
- 12 ounces lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram or 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice loaf into 16 equal parts cutting through to within 1/2" of bottom of loaf.
- Combine remaining ingredients; mix to blend.
- Spread cheese mixture on cut surfaces of bread.
- wrap loaf in foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F., for 25 minutes or until heated through.