Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This simple and easy recipe for bratwurst and sauerkraut will make your family happy.
- 1 (16 ounce) package bratwursts (pack of 5)
- 2 cups sauerkraut (drained well)
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1⁄4 cup mustard (your choice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated swiss cheese
- Heat your skillet to medium. Add 1/2 cup of beer and 5 bratwurst. Cover and cook for 10 minutes; turn the brats over and cook 10 minutes more.
- When brats are finished, add sauerkraut and mustard stir until blended and heated through.
- Top with grated Swiss cheese while warm.
- Serve with fried potatoes for a delicious meal.
This recipe did not thrill me or my family. It was fine, but not exceptional for us
I made this using a package of 6 beer bratwursts and it was delicious. I made six meals out of it. Very good stuff! Also very easy.