Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From All Recipes.
- 6 bratwursts, browned and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2⁄3 cup water
- Place the bratwurst, potatoes, minced onion, green beans, red pepper, Cheddar cheese, mushroom soup and water into a slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on medium for 3 hours, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
I made this recipe on 3/07/09 for mine and SO's dinner.I made the recipe with the following changes, for the brats a hot type was used. There was the same amount of green beans in the freezer, so those were used instead of the canned. Instead of the red bell pepper, some freeze dried was reconstitutied and those were used. I don't do cream of mushroom, so cream of chicken was used. Since there isn't a medium setting on my crockpot I cut it on low for 3 hours and 1 hour on high. I think the next time though, I'll cook it at least 5 hour on low. SO and I both really enjoyed this. Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)
I made this recipe with the following alterations, after reading some of the other reviews. I used Jonsonville hot links with peppers instead of the bratwurst (drained well after browned and sliced). I used a fresh onion (sliced thinly and separated into rings). I used 4 cans of cream of mushroom soup, fresh green beans, and added NO water. I used about 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese and added that during the last 30 minutes of cooking. Cooked on LOW for 7 hours
Very good! Thanks for a wonderful new stew that the guys love!