Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From All Recipes.
Make and share this Cheesy Brat Stew for the Slow Cooker recipe from Food.com.
- 6 bratwursts, browned and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2⁄3 cup water
- Place the bratwurst, potatoes, minced onion, green beans, red pepper, Cheddar cheese, mushroom soup and water into a slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on medium for 3 hours, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
I made this recipe with the following alterations, after reading some of the other reviews. I used Jonsonville hot links with peppers instead of the bratwurst (drained well after browned and sliced). I used a fresh onion (sliced thinly and separated into rings). I used 4 cans of cream of mushroom soup, fresh green beans, and added NO water. I used about 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese and added that during the last 30 minutes of cooking. Cooked on LOW for 7 hours
Very good! Thanks for a wonderful new stew that the guys love!
I love this stew and DH LOVES this stew! Too easy to put together. I cut skin-on red potatoes somewhat small just to help them get done. Sometimes I add another can of soup and more water (or milk) so there is a bit more liquid. I've found that any cream soup works just fine. Also great with fresh quartered or canned mushrooms. Thanks for the great recipe!!