Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This pasta dish was inspired by another dish (Bacon Tomato Rotini)that i found here on zaar. It turned out so good that I just couldn't resist sharing. I served it with garlic bread and a salad. I hope you like this as much as we did. :)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup romano cheese
- 1 cup onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 8 slices of thick cut bacon (not the maple flavor)
- 1 large whole tomato, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning (I prefer Mrs. Dash)
- 3 -4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While thats cooking heat a frying pan and chop the baby bellas, tomato, and onion.
- Fry the bacon until nice and crispy.
- Set aside to drain and cool.
- In a large sauce pot melt the butter and add the flour.
- Wisk until smooth and add the milk.
- Let the mixture thicken and bubble and then add the cheese a little at a time.
- Stir so that it melts and blends together.
- Add the chicken boullion cube, garlic powder, parsley, seasonigs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let simmer.
- Drain the grease out of the frying pan that you used to make the bacon and sautee the mushrooms, garlic and onions.
- Meanwhile chop the bacon into bite sized pieces.
- Combine the tomato, onion, mushrooms, and bacon pieces into the sauce.
- The sauce should be thick and creamy and ready to serve.