Unusual and delicious for appetizer or lunch. Found in a magazine ad for Cabot cheese & adapted by moi. Serves 12 for appetizer or 4 for lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut up yams into cubes and boil app. 20 minutes. Drain and cool. Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, partially mash black beans and set aside. Chop green onions and garlic and combine with oil in skillet or pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir into beans. Chop parsley and set aside. Grate cheese or use pregrated.
- 2Set up components on work surface. Lay down tortillas. First put 1/4 bean mixtures over half of each tortilla, followed by 1/4 of yams, cranberries, red pepper, and cheese.
- 3Fold bare half of each tortilla over filling. Arrange on baking sheet or shallow baking pan and place under broiler for 3 minutes or til toasty on top. (Five minutes was too much!).
- 4To serve, cut each tortilla into wedges and top each wedge with 1 teaspoon of sour cream, then sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
- 5**For reduced fat version, use reduced fat cheese and sour cream or top with plain yoghurt. Any kind of sweet potato can be used, but we prefer the garnet yams. Dried cherries or currants would be good in place of cranberries. You might like to add more cheese for more of a "melt" effect. I thought the red bell peppers could be optional.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Black Bean Triangles
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.3
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 96.9 mg
- Sodium 1357.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 30.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat tortillas