Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe was adapted from a Morningstar Farms Chipotle Black Bean Burger box and is really delicious! My husband LOVED it. All of the ingredients are healthy, and it can be easily incorporated into a low carb, low fat diet without sacrificing taste.
- 4 low-fat low-carb whole wheat tortillas (8-inch)
- 2 Morningstar Farms spicy black bean burgers
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (I used mango peach for a complimentary sweetness)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese (or Monteray or Colby Jack)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons southwest seasoning (basically garlic powder, chili powder, oregano, cumin)
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance light butter spread
- 4 -6 toothpicks
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the black bean burgers in the microwave for about two minutes.
- While the burgers are heating, slice the tortillas in half, set aside, and then place the butter in a small bowl.
- Remove the burgers from the microwave and insert the butter to melt.
- Chop up the burgers into small pieces and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Add the salsa, cheeses, cilantro, and seasonings and mix them together well.
- Place about 2 heaping tablespoons of mixture into the center of a tortilla half.
- Fold one corner of the tortilla over the mixture, then fold the other corner over that one and secure with a toothpick. You’ll have a kind of triangle with one pointed edge and opposite of it, a semi-rounded open side.
- Place the triangles on a baking sheet and brush each with the melted butter.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, depending on desired crispiness. Cool before serving.