Hey Jude's Note:
A delicious dip for tortilla chips, pita or bagel chips or fresh vegetables. From the California Milk Advisory Board.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 -2 tablespoon canned diced jalapeno pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese or 1 1/2 cups oaxaca cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese or 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and jalapeno peppers; saute until onions are soft, about 3 minutes.
- 2Add beans and smush with the back of a spoon or potato masher until softened and heated through, another 2-3 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat; stir in shredded mozzarella or Oaxaca cheese, sour cream, cumin and cayenne pepper, stirring until cheese is melted.
- 4Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle Cotija or feta on top. Serve warm or at room temperature with chips and/or vegetables.
- 6Leftover dip can be refrigerated and reheated in a microwave.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Black Bean Dip
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 17
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.6
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 110.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 4.9 g