Recipe by SmilinJenE
Any meal will be appealing when you add these on the table, a nice savory bread.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, divided
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt 1/4 tsp.
- oregano, and 1/4 tsp basil Set one egg white aside In a bowl, combine the egg, cheeses, buttermilk, sour cream, and remaining egg white; mix well; stir into the dry ingredients until just moistened On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in X 9-in rectangle Cut into twelve 3-in squares; cut each diagonally in half Place triangles on baking sheets coated with nonstick cooking spray Beat reserved egg white; brush over tops Sprinkle with remaining oregano and basil Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.