Recipe by Nana Lee
Brought to you by Pillsbury Bake-Off® 40 (Orlando, 2002) Contestant Name: Carla Garnto; City: Byron; State: GA. It sounded so good I had to try it. Very satisfying!
- 1 lb lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free liquid egg product or 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups finely shredded Mexican blend cheese (8 oz pkg)
- 2 (16 1/3 ounce) canshomestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- 1 cup thick chunky salsa
- pimento stuffed olive (optional)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Spray 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with nonstick spray.
- In large skillet, cook beef over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked and drain well.
- Add taco seasoning mix, chiles, water and egg product; mix well.
- Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
- Cool while shaping biscuits.
- Separate dough into 16 biscuits and split each biscuit in half to make 32 rounds.
- Press out each biscuit half to form 4-inch round.
- Place 1 rounded Tbs beef mixture in center of each round, bringing up sides of dough over filling; pinch edges to seal.
- Place, seam side down, randomly in sprayed pan.
- Bake 33 to 43 minutes or until dark golden brown.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Line serving platter with leaf lettuce. Invert biscuit ring over lettuce. Immediately sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese and let stand 5 minutes to melt cheese.
- Cut into slices and serve with salsa.
- Garnish with olives, onions and/or parsley.