1 hr 25 mins
Nana Lee's Note:
Brought to you by Pillsbury Bake-Off® 40 (Orlando, 2002) Contestant Name: Carla Garnto; City: Byron; State: GA. It sounded so good I had to try it. Very satisfying!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg product or 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups finely shredded Mexican blend cheese (8 oz pkg)
- 2 (16 1/3 ounce) cans homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- 1 cup thick chunky salsa
- pimento stuffed olive (optional)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- fresh parsley (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 375°F
- 2Spray 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with nonstick spray.
- 3In large skillet, cook beef over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked and drain well.
- 4Add taco seasoning mix, chiles, water and egg product; mix well.
- 5Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- 6Stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
- 7Cool while shaping biscuits.
- 8Separate dough into 16 biscuits and split each biscuit in half to make 32 rounds.
- 9Press out each biscuit half to form 4-inch round.
- 10Place 1 rounded Tbs beef mixture in center of each round, bringing up sides of dough over filling; pinch edges to seal.
- 11Place, seam side down, randomly in sprayed pan.
- 12Bake 33 to 43 minutes or until dark golden brown.
- 13Cool in pan 5 minutes.
- 14Line serving platter with leaf lettuce. Invert biscuit ring over lettuce. Immediately sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese and let stand 5 minutes to melt cheese.
- 15Cut into slices and serve with salsa.
- 16Garnish with olives, onions and/or parsley.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Biscuit Burger Ring
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.7
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.7 mg
- Sodium 942.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free liquid egg product