1/1 Photo of Cheesy Beer Batter Bread
This is a fast recipe that is perfect for those times when you realize you don't have bread in the house. It is a slightly dense loaf that works well with soup, chili, etc. It can be customized in a number of ways - add any variety of cheese and herbs to the dry ingredients before adding the beer. To avoid a bitter aftertaste from the beer, use the lightest bottled brew you can find.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Sift together all of the dry ingredients (flours through salt) into a large mixing bowl.
- 3Stir in the shredded cheese.
- 4Add the beer all at once, and stir batter until it just comes together.
- 5It will be lumpy.
- 6Do not overmix.
- 7Transfer to a lightly greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan and brush top with melted butter.
- 8Bake for 35- 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 9Turn out onto a rack, and allow to cool.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Beer Batter Bread
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.4
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.8 mg
- Sodium 309.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g