Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This was a pure scavenger hunt through the freezer, fridge and pantry! It came out really good! Perfect for a quick and easy weeknight supper!
- 2 lbs ground sirloin or 2 lbs beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (26 ounce) jar Ragu parmesan and romano spaghetti sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon oregano
- sliced pepperoni
- In deep skillet, saute beef, onion, salt and pepper, herbs and garlic til done. Drain grease if any.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and mushrooms.
- Heat to a very low simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni noodles til just about done. Drain well, do not rinse.
- Stir cooked noodles into sauce.
- Pour into greased 13x9-inch glass casserole dish.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and oregano.
- Top with pepperoni slices.
- Bake in 350ºF oven for 30-35 minutes til cheese is done to your liking.
Pretty good! My family and I really enjoyed it! I stuck directly to your recipe other than changing the noodles. I used Rotini noodles...its all i had to work with, but all in all it turned out great. My oldest son is a very picky eater and he cleaned his plate! The only thing i might try next time is maybe adding a deep dish pizza crust on the bottom and then layer up from that. It was just missing a little something for me, although im sure i wouldve enjoyed it more if i couldve used the onions and mushrooms..my fam is not a fav of that. Anyway, thank you for sharing! I will definitely try it again.
Very tasty! I couldn't find the pasta sauce listed so I used Ragu 6 Cheese. I added an extra can of mushrooms and a can of Rotel tomatoes. In the future, I will cut the meat down to 1 lb. and keep those extras. Thanks for sharing!