Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A layered ground beef casserole with cream cheese, cottage cheese and topped with cheddar cheese. I believe this recipe came from Knudsen's "Cooking for Compliments".
- 340.19 g egg noodles
- 680.38 g lean ground beef
- 4.92 ml vegetable oil
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes
- 3.69 ml salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 85.04 g package cream cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml low fat cottage cheese
- 6 green onions, including some of the green part, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 473.18 ml grated cheddar cheese
- Cook egg noodles per package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef until meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add oil if needed.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, salt and pepper and simmer 5 minutes.
- With an electric mixer, beat together sour cream, cream cheese, and cottage cheese in a medium bowl.
- Fold in onions and bell pepper and mix well.
- In 9 x 13-inch baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray, add half of the noodles, half the cheese mixture and half the meat mixture in layers.
- Repeat layers, ending with meat.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until bubbly, about 15 minutes longer.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
I tryed this and it was very good. So much so all of my teen went back for second helping.
This was brought to me after I had my first baby. It is good to use when having friends and their kids over- with garlic bread and salad and jello