1/1 Photo of Cheesy Beefy Casserole
A layered ground beef casserole with cream cheese, cottage cheese and topped with cheddar cheese. I believe this recipe came from Knudsen's "Cooking for Compliments".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 6 green onions, including some of the green part, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1Cook egg noodles per package directions.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef until meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add oil if needed.
- 5Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, salt and pepper and simmer 5 minutes.
- 6With an electric mixer, beat together sour cream, cream cheese, and cottage cheese in a medium bowl.
- 7Fold in onions and bell pepper and mix well.
- 8In 9 x 13-inch baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray, add half of the noodles, half the cheese mixture and half the meat mixture in layers.
- 9Repeat layers, ending with meat.
- 10Top with cheddar cheese.
- 11Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- 12Uncover and bake until bubbly, about 15 minutes longer.
- 13Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Beefy Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.0
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 141.1 mg
- Sodium 1010.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 36.6 g