Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Recipes for My Boys
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 27 ounces chili beans (or refried beans)
- flour tortilla
- cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- sour cream
- green onion
- diced tomato
- Spray non-stick skillet. Cook beef on medium until brown.
- Add onions and cook 2 minutes on medium or until transparent.
- Add garlic and seasonings.
- Put chili beans (if using, if not skip this step) in processor and pulse until almost smooth. You can use a emulsion blender, blender or a fork works great also.
- Add to ground beef and cook until reduced enough to put in tortillas.
- Warm tortillas in microwave.
- Two at a time in-between two moist paper towels, for 20 seconds or according to directions on package.
- Spoon a strip of beef and bean mixture on the bottom half, but not touching the end or sides.
- Fold end over mixture.
- Fold both sides in and over mixture.
- Roll, tucking sides as you go.
- Plate seam side down.
- Top with your favorite toppings.