Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I really like recipes that are short, simple, easy, quick, and most of all tasty! This is definitly a good one!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas or 8 flour tortillas, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- Brown beef in skillet, drain fat.
- Add in soup, salsa, water, tortillas, and half of cheese.
- Heat to a boil.
- Cover and let cook for 5 minutes or until hot.
- Add remaining cheese before serving!
Wow! I figured I'd just throw this together for a quick dinner thinking it'd be alright, but it was VERY good! Such a simple recipe. I really enjoyed the texture of the cooked tortilla's. Thanks.
very quick and easy to throw together which is exactly what i needed tonight. i didn't have tomato soup so i used a small can of tomato sauce and 3/4 of the salsa. added some chopped onions to the ground beef, topped with a little sour cream. I don't think the soup was overpowering but it lacked something.. maybe some taco seasoning on the beef would do the trick? still a great weeknight meal and the kids loved it so its a keeper.
This is an easy meal, but the sweet flavor of the tomato soup is too overpowering. And with the tortillas it just ended up as slop.