Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This was my mothers recipie and a favorite of mine growing up. Great for kids who are picky eaters
- 2 cups uncooked spiral shaped pasta
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) jarof your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 lb American cheese, cubed or 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan, cook the beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink then drain.
- Stir in mushrooms and spaghetti sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce into greased shallow 9x13 baking dish.
- Drain pasta and place 1/2 over sauce.
- Top with 1/2 of remaining meat sauce and spread with sour cream.
- Top with american cheese and the rest of the pasta and sauce.
- Sprinkle with Mozzerela cheese and cover.
- Bake@ 350 for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 5 to 10 minutes more or until fluffy.
I found this recipe in my Taste of Home Best Loved Casserole Recipe Card book. I made it with sharp cheddar because that was what I had and it came out AWESOME!!! I recomend this one highly!