Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and easy combination of noodles, beef and cheese! I use 1/2 of a package of mild taco seasoning (could use more for additional "zip") *** Adjusted to double the tomato sauce. I made it again and agreed with the reviewers - more sauce made it better!*****
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 -8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 ounce taco seasoning
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- Brown and drain ground beef.
- Cook and drain noodles.
- Mix ground beef, tomato sauce and taco seasoning.
- Spread noodles in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Spread beef mixture over noodles. Mix slightly.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake 350 for about 20 minutes until heated though and cheese is melted.
My family gobbled it up and wanted more. Such an easy meal from few ingredients that tastes good. The sharp cheddar really adds the flavor. I read past reviews and used the edited 2- 8oz cans sauce and it was perfect. But what also worked for us was the recipe as written but with a WHOLE packet of taco seasoning (due to Nancy's suggestion for extra zip) but used ** Lawry's CHICKEN taco seasoning. It made it super flavorful and not overpowering. Thanks for sharing NancyB. It's a keeper. Enjoy! ChefDLH
I made this for dinner, daughter loved it, I added a can of corn, and served with warm bread.
A solid meal with very minimalistic and cheap ingrediants; It's A keeper.