Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a delicious supper or buffet casserole which is a great replacement for the usual lasagna. You can use your own homemade spaghetti sauce if you wish.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 8 ounces medium noodles, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in mushrooms, seasonings, tomato sauce and tomatoes. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Beat together cream cheese, sour cream and green onions.
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water until almost tender. Drain and toss with butter. In a buttered 9 x 13 baking dish, spread about half the noodles. Top with half of the meat sauce, then half of the cream cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbling hot.
This recipe is awesome! I have made it over and over, and everytime it works out wonderfully! The cream cheese/sour cream layers really make a difference in the taste! I would definitely reccommend making this if you have the time to do so. It's amazing!