Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This has a very nice flavor.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (12 ounce) packagehungry jack refrigerated biscuits
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Brown ground beef, onion and green pepper; drain.
- Stir tomato sauce, chili powder and garlic salt.
- Simmer while preparing dough.
- Separate biscuit dough into 10 biscuits.
- Pull each apart into 2 layers.
- Press 10 biscuit layers over bottom of ungreased 9 inch baking pan.
- Combine 1/2 cup cheese (reserve remaining cheese for topping), sour cream and egg; mix well.
- Remove meat mixture from heat; stir in sour cream mixture.
- Spoon over biscuits.
- Arrange remaining biscuit layers on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until biscuits are a deep golden brown.
I made this recipe yesterday and the flavor was good but the biscuits on the bottom were still very doughy. I'm not sure where I went wrong. I followed the directions exactly as they were written.