1 hr 5 mins
This casserole tastes similar to lasagna. Serve with a side order of salad. I also add in one can undiluted tomato soup with the tomato sauce, but that is optional! with the tomatoes!.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups uncooked medium egg noodles (I just use one bag)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste) or 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 cup canned mushroom slices, drained (or to taste, I just use the whole can)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 small chopped green pepper
- salt and pepper
- additional parmesan cheese or grated mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese, for topping
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 13x9 baking dish.
- 3Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water; drain and toss with 3 tablespoons butter.
- 4Place half of the cooked noodles in the baking dish.
- 5Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook ground beef, onion, garlic and cayenne and mushrooms, over medium heat until meat is no londer pink; drain.
- 6Add tomato sauce and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; simmer for about 30 minutes seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan, green onions and green peppers, then spread half of the mixture on top of the cooked noodles.
- 8Top with half of the meat and cheese mixtures.
- 9Repeat the layers.
- 10Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- 11Uncover and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 12Place back in the oven to bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is bubbley.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Beef Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 631.5
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 155.8 mg
- Sodium 1063.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 33.3 g