Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from my best friend’s mother. It is a very hearty and filling soup.
Make and share this Cheesy Beef Barley Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup barley
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces processed cheese
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- In large pot brown ground beef and drain fat.
- Add onions, carrots, and garlic quickly sauté with ground beef.
- Add broth and water bring to a simmer, and add barley and basil.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add can of tomatoes and cheese and simmer 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.