Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From Taste of Home.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute rice and garlic in butter until golden brown. Stir in water, carrots, bouillon, parsley, salt, basil and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in beef.
- Transfer to a greased 9-inch square baking dish. Cover and bake at 325 for 45 minutes, stirring twice.
- Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.