Recipe by Ozzy
This is a traditional dish with a cheesy twist--the cheese just makes it for me! The cheese has to be mature to get the perfect taste of this dish.
Top Review by Aries87
I cooked this as my first every real dinner for my family and it went down really well! I made a few adjustments like adding mushrooms and losing one of the carrots but on the whole I followed the recipe completely and there wasn't any left over! :)
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 beef bouillon cube, made up with
- 100 ml boiling water
- 625 g potatoes, your favorite, peeled and thinly sliced
- 150 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F.
- Place the mince, onion and carrots in a large nonstick frying pan and dry-fry over a moderate heat for 5 minutes, until browned.
- Stir in the tomatoes, stock and seasoning and bring to the boil.
- Transfer to a 20cm x 23cm ovenproof dish, top with the potato slices, sprinkle with the grated cheese and cook in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, until the top of the pie is golden brown and the potatoes are tender.
- I serve with steamed green veggies.