Recipe by TXmamacooks
This inexpensive family favorite was adapted from a Chicken and Cheese Enchilada recipe from Campbell's Soup. Easy to assemble, made from ingredients I usually keep on hand and very easy on the budget. Can be made as spicy as you like.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
These were really good! I must admit, I (USUALLY) really do not like black beans but wanted to give this a try since they are mixed in. They were great, not too overpowering at all. Guess I do like them afterall...Made the recipe exactly as written and would not change a thing! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup picante sauce or 1 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheese, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 1 green onion, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir the soup, sour cream, picante/salsa and chili powder in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Stir 1 cup of soup mixture, beef, beans and 1/2 cup cheese in a large bowl.
- Divide the beef mixture among the tortillas (1/3 to 1/2 cup). Roll up the tortillas and place them seamside up on a 11 x 8" shallow baking dish. (You may need to secure with picks. JUST MAKE SURE TO REMOVE THEM BEFORE EATING).
- Pour the remaining soup mixture over the filled tortillas. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling.
- Top with the tomato and onion, if desired.