Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great comfort meal for those days when you want a tasty main dish without spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can baked beans
- 6 cups mashed potatoes
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, combine the ground beef and salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté for 10 minutes, or until well browned.
- Add tomato sauce, onion and Worcestershire sauce.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Prepare potatoes.
- Place beef mixture into a casserole dish.
- Layer the beans over the beef and smooth potatoes over the beans.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the potatoes and bake uncovered at 375°F for 30 to 40 minutes.
We really enjoyed this. True comfort food. I buy my ground beef in bulk and cook it up with onion and freeze in 1 lb. packages. I used one of these and had dinner on the table in 30 mins. I misread the recipe and cooked the beans with the meat for 10 mins. Used 1 package of Yukon Gold instant potatoes on top, with the cheese. I didn't even cook in the oven, just simmered covered while I cooked rolls. Leftovers were great reheated the next day.
This was a very simple recipe, but i got lots of raves from my family!
This was good! I am glad I tried it, it has all the fixings of comfort food. I had less potatoes than the recipe called for but it turned out great anyway. Yum, I think I will be making this one again!