Recipe by Joyfully Serve
A basic crockpot recipe.
Top Review by Lillers
I only gave the recipe 2 stars because I felt this recipe needed a lot of revising. First, it doesn't say whether the rice needs to be cooked or if it should be raw before adding to the crockpot. I decided that it needed to be cooked because I don't think there would be nearly enough liquid to cook the rice while in the crockpot. Second, the recipe was terribly bland. I added chili powder and cumin to give it more flavor. When I put it in the tortilla, I added sour cream and salsa. The sour cream seemed to get lost but the salsa gave the dish the kick it very much needed. I have lots of leftovers, I got 8 servings out of it, but that obviously depends on how much you want to put in the tortilla. One more thing, since the rice was warm from cooking, I set the crockpot on the low setting and it was ready in about 2 hours.
- 16 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cubed
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (Rotel)
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 4 cups instant rice
- 6 tortillas
- sour cream (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- gather up all ingredients, a knife, a can opener, measuring cups, a crock pot, and a spoon.
- turn crock pot on high.
- cube velveeta.
- add all ingredients except tortillas to crock pot.
- simmer until cheese is melted, stirring regularly.
- warm tortillas.
- add sour cream if desired and spoon into tortillas.