Recipe by Shuzbud
This is my favourite version of a British classic. You can't beat beans on toast for a quick, cheap meal! It is important to use Heinz baked beans or some other brand that uses tomato sauce as the base, not barbecue sauce as is the American standard. Most US grocery stores have Heinz or Batchelors in the International aisle.
Top Review by rnsutton
I recently had the pleasure of someone introducing me to this amazing breakfast. The only difference was she added an egg over easy on top of the beans and cheese. The yolk definitely put this over the top! Great breakfast either way, so quick and delicious.
- 1 (8 ounce) canheinz baked beans in tomato sauce (the small single-person size)
- 2 slices white bread
- butter (to your taste)
- grated cheddar cheese (1/4 to 1/2 cup)
- Worcestershire sauce (optional- I prefer without)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the beans in a saucepan and warm over medium heat until beginning to bubble.
- Meanwhile toast the bread.
- Once toasted, butter the bread and place slices side by side on a plate.
- Pour the heated beans over the bread.
- Scatter the grated cheese over the top and serve!
- Some people add worcestershire sauce or hot sauce over the top at this stage. Personally I like it just as it is!