This is my favourite version of a British classic. You can't beat beans on toast for a quick, cheap meal! It is important to use Heinz baked beans or some other brand that uses tomato sauce as the base, not barbecue sauce as is the American standard. Most US grocery stores have Heinz or Batchelors in the International aisle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the beans in a saucepan and warm over medium heat until beginning to bubble.
- 2Meanwhile toast the bread.
- 3Once toasted, butter the bread and place slices side by side on a plate.
- 4Pour the heated beans over the bread.
- 5Scatter the grated cheese over the top and serve!
- 6Some people add worcestershire sauce or hot sauce over the top at this stage. Personally I like it just as it is!
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Beans on Toast
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.2
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.8 mg
- Sodium 1331.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 15.5 g