Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Serve these with chips and loads of ketchup!
- 400 g canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- plain flour, for dusting
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place the beans in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add onion, cheese, breadcrumbs, egg, and seasoning and mix together mashing more if desired.
- Flour your hands and form the mix into 4 burgers.
- Heat the oil and fry the burgers for about 5 mins each side.
I found this to be a very easy to prepare and yummy dish. I made it completely in the food processor (adding the beans last, pulsing to a chunky texture). My husband really liked them and my 22 month old ate it too. Very easy to make- thanks PCB!