Recipe by Karamia
These are very yummy enchiladas with a creamy bean filling and cheesy topping. Inexpensive to make, wonderful if you're on a budget.
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 453.59 g can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 425.24 g can enchilada sauce
- 118.29 ml salsa, plus more served with meal, if desired
- 14.78 ml cumin
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.25-0.5 ml black pepper
- 10 flour tortillas
- 29.58 ml water
- 473.18 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. Saute onion and garlic in oil until onions are softened.
- Add 1/2 of each type of beans and mash with a potato masher, then add the remaining half of beans.
- Add 1/2 of enchilada sauce, 1/2 cup salsa, cumin, and salt and pepper; simmer and mix on low heat for about 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Fill each tortilla with about 3 tablespoons of bean mixture and a sprinkle of cheese and roll up leaving ends open, arranging seam side down in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Mix the 2 tablespoons of water with the remaining enchilada sauce and pour evenly over tortillas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake, covered, for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with extra salsa if desired.