Recipe by Karamia
These are very yummy enchiladas with a creamy bean filling and cheesy topping. Inexpensive to make, wonderful if you're on a budget.
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, plus more served with meal, if desired
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 dash black pepper
- 10 flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. Saute onion and garlic in oil until onions are softened.
- Add 1/2 of each type of beans and mash with a potato masher, then add the remaining half of beans.
- Add 1/2 of enchilada sauce, 1/2 cup salsa, cumin, and salt and pepper; simmer and mix on low heat for about 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Fill each tortilla with about 3 tablespoons of bean mixture and a sprinkle of cheese and roll up leaving ends open, arranging seam side down in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Mix the 2 tablespoons of water with the remaining enchilada sauce and pour evenly over tortillas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake, covered, for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with extra salsa if desired.