Recipe by Zaffer
This is a great cheese and bean dip like those found in some mexican restaurants. Everyone we know who has this can't stop eating it, and begs us to make it for them.
Top Review by Bayhill
Very good dip. It goes together very quickly and easily with ingredients that I usually have on hand. I think that this might also be good with some Rotel tomatoes in it. I added a 4 oz. can of diced jalapenos instead of the 1/3 cup (we like our dip spicy). Thank you for sharing this recipe.
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese (can sub pepper jack)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup chopped jalapeno
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cheeses and milk over medium low heat and stir until smooth and creamy.
- Add beans and jalepenos and stir until uniform consistency.
- Pour into a bowl and serve with tortilla chips.
- If you use the pepper jack cheese, you may not need to add any additional jalapenos.
- This makes enough for any picnic or BBQ, if you want to cut the recipe, just keep the cheeses and milk in equal thirds, and add beans to taste.