Prep 2 mins
Cook 13 mins
This is from Cajun-recipe.com. I find that many of the recipes there have non kosher meat, but since this is mainly vegetarian, and the cheese i can use can be kosher, this will be nice to make.
- 3 cups frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans, drained
- 1⁄2 lb cheese spread, cubed
- Combine vegetables, seasonings and milk in 2-quart microwaveable casserole, cover. Microwave at High 7 minutes, stirring once after 4 minutes.
- Stir in beans and cheese. Microwave at High 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir halfway through cooking and again before serving.
I enjoyed this soup. I did tweak a little out of necessity as we don't get the same ingredients here in Australia. The vegies I used were diced small and a mix of broccoli, spinach and potato. I added a handful of diced bacon and a can of beans as I have not seen pork and beans here. I also used half milk, half water. Made on stove top out of preference. I thought it a very versatile and useful recipe.
This was okay, though I did substitute the cheese spread and added some shredded cheddar cheese (mild). I also took chopped livers advice and did cut the veggies small. Everyone ate it. Made for PRMR tag.
Not our cup of tea. Made exactly as written, but think it needs a little something more. Could be an outstanding dish with a little tweaking. Might be a good way to get the veggies into kids, if the veggies were cut smaller. Thnx for posting, though, Studentchef. Made for ZWT5 for RRR