- 8 ounces lean ground beef or 8 ounces ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
- 2 1⁄4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In large skillet coated with olive oil, brown meat, onion and green pepper.
- Drain, and add tomato sauce, brown sugar, mustard and black pepper; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place each biscuit in a sprayed muffin cup, pressing dough up sides, to the edge of cups.
- Evenly spoon mixture into the muffin cups.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle the cheese and bake 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.