Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 20 mins
This is a very tasty baked potato which is nice served with a salad.
- 2 -4 baking potatoes, 1 to 2 per person
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon natural yoghurt
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 -4 ounces grated cheese (1-2 oz. per potato)
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 8.
- Scrub the potatoes and dry them, then prick their skins with a fork.
- Rub them with olive oil.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet, place in the oven, then bake for 1-11/2 hours until the skins are crisp and the inside of the potato feels soft when you press the outside.
- Cut each potato in half and scoop out the inside, placing it in a bowl.
- Mash it with the butter, yoghourt, herbs and seasoning, then add half the cheese to the mixture and stir.
- Fill each potato shell with the mixture, return to the baking sheet and top the potatoes with the remaining cheese.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes or until the topping is crisp and golden brown.