Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee, this is yummy!
- 6 ears corn
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 0.5 (1 1/2 ounce) packet cheddar cheese powder, from boxed macaroni and cheese mix (or 1/2 creamy cheese sauce packet)
- Preheat outdoor grill or preheat oven to 400°F.
- Shuck corn. If desired, leave husks attached to cob to use as holders.
- In a small bowl, combine softened butter, chili powder, and powdered cheese packet or creamy cheese sauce.
- Spread butter on corn and wrap each ear individually in foil.
- Place on the grill and close the lid or place in the oven. Cook 25 to 30 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, or until corn is tender. Remove foil and serve.
Sharon this was the best! I used only 4 ears. Instead of softening the butter I melted it, added 1 1/2 Tbsp. cheddar cheese powder(that I bought in bulk form) and kept the chili powder at 1 tsp. since we love the stuff!. Rather than wrapping the ears individually in foil I placed them in a pyrex 8x8 baking pan, pured the butter mixture over the corn, than rolled them to evenly coat. I than covered the pan tightly in foil and baked at 350' for 40 min. DELICIOUS! Thanks so much for sharing this...
This was quite good but my cheese mixture stuck to the foil and took most of the cheese flavour with it! I think that this would be great if it's cooked at low heat for longer on the top rack or maybe baked in the oven. Once in a blue moon, I will get the packaged mac and cheese and the kids have asked me what I can do with the half packs of powdered cheese (I don't love it on mac). I was finally able to show them! Made for Kittencal's Grilling Game. Thanks Sharon123! :)
We really enjoyed the flavor of the corn. But we did think it was a tad bit on the dry side. I cooked as posted but the cheese mixture decided to attach itself to the foil. I do plan to prepare this again and place the cobs on the outside rim of the grill to see if that works. Thanks Sharon123 for posting.