Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice easy bbq meal. Sometimes I use leftover, chopped up chicken in place of the ground beef. There aren't usually any leftovers!
- 3 cups uncooked pasta (8oz I like rotelle)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (approx 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook and drain pasta per package directions.
- Grease a 2-qt casserole dish.
- Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Drain meat and mix with all other ingredients except 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Pour meat mixture into casserole dish.
- Top with the 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered 30-40 minutes or'til hot and bubbly.
Tasty, easy and quick to put together. I used my own home made bourbon barbeque sauce and the only thing I did different was that I added a small crushed garlic clove, and some more parsley.
Very simple, cheap and yummy! I made this as we need to go shopping as the cupboards are quite bare and thought we would have all the ingredients on hand... We had just run out of milk though so I used water, and couldn't quite squeeze a whole cup of BBQ sauce so used some tomato and capsicum salsa (a couple of tablespoons) to make up the rest. I don't think it affected the end result too much, it was still delicious and I will definately make it again (perhaps properly next time). Thanks!
This casserole was really good. The barbecue sauce made a nice change. I made it with ground chicken because DD doesn't eat red meat. She just loved it. Thanks for sharing this one ReeLani