Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Feel like some finger food? You can half the size of the patties to make then go farther or double the recipe with no problem.
- 1 cup grated zucchini (excess water squeezed out)
- 1 cup grated sweet potato (raw)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 leaves fresh sage, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- line cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
- Mix first 9 ingredients together.
- Mixture will be somewhat loose.
- Scoop up in a 1/3 measuring cup mixture and gentle flip onto parchment paper flatten slightly.
- You should have 5 patties.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook balsamic vinegar with honey till reduced in half.
- Remove patties gently from parchment paper and place on serving dish.
- Pour sauce into a small bowl and dip patties into sauce.
This had a really good flavor, I used fresh parmesean and olive oil. Baking 30 to 40 minutes, however is insane and the squash will be nothing but mush. I'm above 5,000 feet where it takes longer for anything to cook and mine was done in 10 minutes.
Wonderful. I used garlic powder instead of garlic,everyone enjoyed these.
These were good, but need more garlic i think. Maybe I will fry them next time too. Healthy!