Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Every time I make this recipe, I am pleasantly surprised since the results far exceed the effort. This casserole is perfect for a simple family meal, but also hearty enough to serve guests. This is fast comfort food that is sure to please everyone at your table. Tip: Just add a tossed salad for a complete meal in a snap. Also, leftovers will freeze well.
- 1⁄2 lb dried ziti pasta
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese (part skim)
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 350°F Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add the ziti. Cook until tender, about 8 minutes, drain the pasta.
- Place the ziti in a large bowl . Mix with the ricotta and half of the mozzarella. Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Spread half of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the pan. Add the ziti mixture and cover with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes, until the casserole bubbles on the edges.