Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from Giada De Laurentiis, on her cooking show. I saw her make this and had to make it myself, because it looked so good. And it is!!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1⁄3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Lightly oil an 8 x 8" baking dish.
- Whisk the sauce, mascarpone cheese, parsley and thyme in a large bowl to blend.
- Cook tortellini in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 2 minute Drain.
- Add tortellini to the sauce and toss to coat.
- Transfer the tortellini mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Top the mixture with the mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover and bake until the sauce bubbles and the cheeses on top melt, about 30 minute.
A bit disappointed in this recipe. Giada usually has great dishes, but this definitely isn't one of her finest. I added tons more spice after reading others reviews, and lots of cheese on top, and it still did nothing for me. Mascarpone is expensive where I live ($10) a container, and for that reason I can't justify making it again.
As others have mentioned, this is rather bland. I made exactly as written but next time would add some Italian Seasoning and garlic. I even used Giada's Marina Sauce as I always have it on hand (recipe #332598) and I love it. I would make again, just spice it up a bit more. Thx for posting.
I was unfortunately a little dissappointed in this recipe. It just came out a little bland for my tastes. Maybe adding some sald and pepper next time and using a different marinara sauce would help.