Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A simple and tasty dish.
- olive oil
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1⁄3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb stuffed tortellini
- 3⁄4 cup shredded Italian cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly oil an 8 X 8 baking dish.
- Whisk together the sauce, marcapone cheese, parsley and thyme in a large bowl.
- Cook the tortellini in large pot of boiling salted water about 2 minutes until just tender.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce mixture. Toss to coat.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and sprinkle shredded cheese to coat.
- Cover the baking dish and bake about 30 minutes until the sauce bubbles and the cheese on top has melted.
This literally took 5 minutes to put together! The mascarapone gave it a wonderful richness that helped a little go a long way. Still, we must be pigs or something, because I can't imagine this feeding 6 people - it's more like 4, in my opinion. I uncovered the dish at the end to get some color on the cheese. Really delicious!
So easy and good!! Made a serving for 2 and there was plenty for DH and I. I used a combo of Trader Joe's marinara sauce and canned tomato sauce and tomato paste. Will be making this again!! Made for 2012 Spring PAC.
I believe this is Giada de Laurentis' recipe. It is exactly the same word for word except she uses sliced smoked mozzarella on the top instead of shredded italian cheese. I love this pasta and actually searched this out to post it. I used a very sliced Meunster cheese on the top and otherwise bake as written. The marcarpone gives a nice depth to the sauce. My husband raves over it.