Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This makes a meatless omelet. The recipe is from Pillsbury's Most Requested Recipes.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup red bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 12 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray 12x8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 8-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper and onion; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, sour cream, salt and pepper with wire whisk until well blended.
- Stir in bell pepper mixture and cheese.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Cut omelet into squares to serve.
This delicious omelet is versatile and easy to prepare. I added mushrooms to the mix and used a 3 cheese blend of mozzarella, monterey jack & cheddar. I was out of sour cream and subbed plain yogurt. Thanks for sharing, Lainey.
Very good veggie omelet. I added mushrooms and broccoli and subbed swiss for the cheese (cleaned out the fridge:) ). Super simple, easy clean up after spraying the pan with pam. For aussie swap.