Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a new spin on a recipe from my childhood-- my dad would make spaghetti and meatballs for me and my sister when my mom was too busy to cook. It was his favorite dish to cook-- boil spaghetti, heat frozen meatballs and refrigerated store-bought sauce, mix and serve. Once I got the hang of how Dad made S&M, I took it a few steps further-- and the result was a huge hit with my family!
- 3 cups KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 lb frozen small meatballs
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen vegetables (choose either medley or single type)
- 1 (16 ounce) jarsmooth marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom and sides of medium saucepan to about half-way up with the frozen meatballs, and pour in marinara sauce until all meatballs are covered. Set to simmer on low heat.
- Take out frozen vegetables, leave on counter.
- In a large pot, follow the directions to cook 1 pound of spaghetti, drain and return to pot.
- With a dinner knife, divide each meatball in half, and then pour into spaghetti pot with sauce, open frozen vegetables and pour into spaghetti pot.
- Mix well, slowly adding two cups of shredded mozzarella.
- Pour mixture into 13x9 baking dish, sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until mozzarella on top is melted.