Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
My family loves this meal that I serve with my Corn My Way and garlic bread. Depending on how many I need to feed, I either use a 9 X 13 inch pan or two 8 inch pans and freeze one for later.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 (26 ounce) cans spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (not the stuff in the can)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti per package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Season with garlic powder, onion powder and salt/pepper to taste.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce, brown sugar and italian seasoning and heat until warm.
- Drain spaghetti and toss with the sauce.
- Mix the Mozzarella and parmesean cheeses together in a bowl.
- Place half of the spaghetti in a greased 9 X 13 inch baking dish (or you can use two 8 inch dishes). Top with half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
My husband loved this! I didn't have parmesan cheese so I substituted cheddar instead. It tasted great. Thanks for the great recipe.