Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I found this recipe in TOH's 2004 "Best of Country Cooking". It was submitted by Dolores Nemec. I changed a couple of things to make this more for mine and my SO's personal tastes. The cooking time includes both baked times, and the prep time includes the cooling time before slicing the top off of potatoes. Submitted on May 23, 2006.
- 2 medium sized baking potatoes
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄8 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or more)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or more)
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes at 375ºF for 1 hour or until done.
- When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together milk, egg, potato, mayonnaise, and 1/2 cup of cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon into potato shells.
- Top with remaining cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.