Recipe by Missy Wright
This is a delicious way to warm up in cold weather. My children love this and request it often. This recipe is a combination of a few baked potato recipes I found in one of my favorite crockpot cook books, 'Fix It and Forget It.' Enjoy!
Top Review by Loves2Teach
I made this for a class party before christmas, and they LOVED it. I did boil the potatoes first, only because we needed it to be done sooner than 8 hours. It simmered in the crockpot and made the whole room smell great!! Thanks for posting such a simple but tasty recipe!
- 3 (16 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 5 baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add broth, potatoes, carrots, 3/4 of the onions, 7 slices of crumbled bacon, salt and pepper to crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Use potato masher and lightly mash the potatoes to a thick but chunky consistancy.
- Add 1 cup each of the mild and sharp cheese, 8 oz sour cream and all of the evaporated milk.
- Mix well and cook for 45minutes.
- Serve with remaining sour cream, cheese, onion, and bacon sprinkled on top.